Blog of a Million Dreams

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hot Flashes

It's supposed to be 100 degrees plus in the next few days.

And all of my neighbors have their Halloween decorations up.

It's a little amusing.

So, what are a few free things you can do to cool down?

1) Thank your lucky stars that these hot flashes aren't pre-menopausal.

2) Take naps. Lots of naps.

3) Crafting work that requires you sit on your ass.

4) Water down the garden to cool yourself off and keep the plants alive.

5) Make and eat salads and light foods. Crackers and cheese are good too.

6) Keep hydrated. Drink tea, water, lemonade, water, juice, water, tea. Did I mention that you could drink tea?

7) Read a book from your local library. I love the library.

8) Clean your house. Nothing worse than feeling hot and bothered in a dirty house.

9) Give yourself a haircut. I did, last night. Plus I highlighted my hair myself. If you aren't sure how to do it, Youtube has some great videos on how to cut your hair. I watched a few before I did my own hair, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with my results.

10) Mani-pedi, anyone? C'mon, you can do it yourself. You've probably got a couple bottles of nail polish somewhere in your house. And, soaking your feet in a tub of water on a hot day feels good!

11) Look up a no-cook recipe. There are even cookies you can make without using the oven....ever heard of Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies? You can make them without using any appliances!!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home