Blog of a Million Dreams

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sleep and Stress

I know I'm under a lot of stress right now because it's my day off and all I did today was sleep and shop. And when I say sleep and shop I mean that literally. The whole day.

Lately I've been having nightmares again too. Usually that happens to me when there are big changes on the horizons.

On Friday I woke up at 4 a.m. with my heart racing.

I dreamed that I was at my parent's house and one of my students was standing outside the gate. Only he wasn't a real student. He was a crazy person dressed as a student and he was stalking me. You know in the movies, when there's a robot or crazy person chasing someone? And no one is around? It was like that. It was dead silent outside. No birds, no cars, just absolute silence. I was scared out of my mind.

So, in my dream, I ran into my parents' house and called the cops. And realized I was trapped.

That's when I woke up. Scared. Shaking. Completely awake and unable to sleep.

So today, I woke up, drove Big G to her event, shopped and shopped (when I should've been saving and saving), then drove home and slept ALL day. That hard, totally exhausted sleep.

And when I woke up I started rehashing the whole job scene. Not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home