Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, May 12, 2008

Movie Night

Just wanted to recommend two fantastic movies.

First one, Juno. Loved it!!! It completely lived up to it's fantastic reviews. Jennifer Garner rocks. And the 16 year old who played Juno was awesome. What I loved most about this movie was that it portrayed women at every stage of life. In other words, almost every woman watching this movie would find a character to identify with. And Jennifer Garner made her character, who easily could've been dislikable, appealing. The writing was well done. The movie did gloss over the 16 year old's loss, but, as she was only 16, I think it was a forgivable oversight because I think some 16 year old's probably wouldn't deal with the loss until they were a little older and truly realized what happened. I'd recommend this movie highly.

The next movie I want to recommend is The Big Bad Swim. It's not well known and I found it on Netflix. I really liked this movie. It was about a jock who has just aged away from fame (due to both age and injury) and a stripper-2o-something blonde and a divorcing teacher. The movie does a great job of showing their transitioning and their search for equilibrium after being thrown off course by life. And it really gives equal time to all three characters. It was a good movie. It reminded me a lot of The Good Girl (with Jennifer Aniston). It's a thinking movie and you have to appreciate the slower pace of a movie that is not a typical box office action flick.

So, I'm starting to make better use of Netflix. What a social life I have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home