Blog of a Million Dreams

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Adoption

Should I adopt?

A dog, I mean.

The thing is, they do require quite a commitment. And sometimes just taking care of my current responsibilities is too much.

I'd have to find someone to take care of the dog if I chose to travel. I'd have to exercise and feed the dog every day.

And then there's the vet bills. Plus I've become used to spreading out my papers and bills and I couldn't do that with a dog around (that might be a good thing).

I go back and forth on this issue. Part of me really wants a dog, a companion. And part of me doesn't want the responsibility. So, I revisit this idea of adopting a dog every now and then.

A few days ago, our neighborhood had a home invasion. I know that a dog can't really protect you from crazed, drugged out, home invaders. But a dog would give me some pretense of security.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home