Blog of a Million Dreams

Friday, January 15, 2010

Craigslist

I love Craigslist.

It's how I learned of Leelu...She was featured under Pets in a link to "Dogs In Danger". I got her 2 days before the shelter was going to put her down.

Craigslist keeps me up to date about rents, who/if anyone/ is accepting renters with pets, real estate, activities...and, of course, my favorite-of-all-times-link...."Best of Craigslist" with hilarious postings pulled from all the 'normal' postings.

But Craigslist is saving my ass right now.

I'm selling stuff I've had for years, in an attempt to clear out the garage.

What I find interesting, however, is that I cannot begin to understand what sells and what doesn't. It doesn't seem to have bearing on price, quality or usefulness....it's just completely random that someone will log onto Craigslist, see my posting, and say, "I must have that double burner Coffee Pot with aromatic freshners attached!"

What have I sold so far?

Four bags of designer clothes for $30.

An Ikea Bookcase for $10.

A Boogie Board that I have had since I was 19 (painful to let go, but I had to....) for $30.

An Office Chair for $20.

A Sheet of Mirror for $10.

What hasn't sold? a printer/fax, a designer mirror, a vintage vanity....

And so much more to move out of the garage....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home