Blog of a Million Dreams

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxer Day Walk

A couple of friends of mine, along with me and my dogs, decided to go on a long walk today.

We walked the trail and throughout the neighborhood.

I was stunned by the amount of grafitti throughout my neighborhood.

Most of it was "Norte" tagging.

Also, there were running shoes thrown over telephone wires.

When I was a kid, growing up in this area, we never saw that kind of stuff around here.

In fact, it was only when my family drove into San Francisco that we saw any graffiti or running shoes.

Now, some friends tell me that shoes strung over telephone wires are signals to the druggies that someone is selling drugs nearby. And, word has it (second-hand, but still interesting), that certain drugs are denoted by the type of shoes. So, I'm curious. What do vans denote? What kind of drugs require Vans shoes strung over telephone wire.

On the other hand, the person who told me about this notification of drug sales was in her 70's and told me she heard about on some t.v. show. So, maybe it's not true. But, if that's the case, why do certain areas have these running shoe decorations and other's don't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home