Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, December 21, 2009

Milk

I tried to watch Milk, with Sean Penn.

Honest, I did.

I tried to overcome my distaste for Sean Penn. Honest, I did.

But Sean Penn played Harvey Milk's character as PeeWee Herman, with a New York accent, and a penchant for picking up vulnerable, homeless teen age boys.

I don't know who played Dan White. But he was portrayed as a developmentally challenged Republican with religious issues.

I could only watch about half of the movie, before I had to return it to the library.

Ick.

But I would recommend the movie, "P.S. I Love You". I had hesitated before watching it because I knew it would be sad. And it was. But it helped me overcome my prejudice against Irish guys. I had thought of them as misogynists, sexists, child stealers. With a gross kind of sexism that even surpassed that of American men. The character (Irish guy) in this movie was very real, likable, not at all sexist and seemed to actually like women. And Hilary Swank did a good job in this movie also. The characters seemed real. I guess I would kind of compare this movie to Jennifer Aniston's, "The Good Girl", in that it portrayed real characters living a real life. I could see this actually happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home