Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, December 14, 2009

Privacy

So. I was watching a lot of tv this weekend.

And I noticed that the commercials were local--meaning that, although the shows were national (seen throughout the country)--they were targeted to me and my local area.

That scares me.

It means that technology is getting to the point that information about individual people is being used...so that you are targeted for certain commercials.

I don't like that.

I don't like the idea that some company/t.v. network will only show me what they think is relevant for me. I don't like the arrogance of a company/country/person who thinks they know more about me than me.

And, yes, I know my blog is on Google's blogsite. Ah, the irony. Anonymity is impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home