Blog of a Million Dreams

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Sick of Sickness


And so I begin week 3 of the virus that will not end.

This has gone on longer than any other flu I've had!

Every morning I wake up (after a futile nights sleep marked by non stop hacking, coughing and throwing up), and say, "This is it! This is the day that I wake up healthy, recovering from this monster of a virus that has gotten ahold of me!"

And every morning I realize that, no, actually I've embraced yet another symptom of the flu. Perhaps watery eyes, chest congestion, aches and pains--or total and complete exhaustion--or how about stomach aches, dizziness, sore throat, headache... A new and uglier monstrosity to endure.

I've actually discovered another pain alleviater (although nothing really seems to abate this infinite flu virus), other than Advil and Jakemans. I've discovered Trader Joe's Pepperment Tea (although here in the valley we call it 'Trader Jose').

And another one that really helps is regular tea (I like Trader Jose's Irish Breakfast Tea, myself) with mild and grated fresh ginger. Yum. It really soothes the tummy.

Well, it's 8:10 p.m. and that's my bedtime. Yup. This cold/flu/virus has knocked me on my ass to the extent that I go to bed at 8 pm and wake up at 9 am, only to beat myself up over my lack of productivity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home