Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day

Happy Columbus Day!

I have to say, it was about 4 p.m. before I figured out that it was a semi-holiday. I say semi because many people don't have it off--but enough people do that it was a little off today.

I figured out it was a holiday when I went out to the mailbox and tried, once again, to pick up the mail. Nothing was there.

"It must be a holiday," I glibly sang to my neighbor, who was walking by with his two year old daughter.

"Yes, it's Columbus Day, " he answered.

When I raised my eyebrows in surprise he added dryly, "...And the daycare is closed."

Other than that, I've had a pretty weird day. I'm still fighting this bitter flu and hacking cough. But I'm ohh-so-slowly getting better. My ears are getting a little, teeny bit less stuffed. My throat is a little, teeny bit less sore.

I'm still absolutely exhausted though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home