Blog of a Million Dreams

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Trip

Took a quick day trip yesterday to Half Moon Bay.

I wish I could go somewhere else, but I don't want to dip into savings more than I have to. And with the home reno taking up so much of my cash, I have to really be cognizant of where the cash goes.

If an expected check comes in the next couple of days, I may be able to go somewhere. In the meantime, I've decided to enjoy the area around here and see how much cash I can save, daily.

Half Moon Bay was fun. The weather was beautiful. I expected overcast and foggy. Instead, I got sunny, with a few clouds. We stopped at a produce stand where I bought corn and a tomato. And the yarn store had a sale, so I bought three balls of blue yarn for my newest knitting project (a blanket for regular people, not babies). My knitting project is actually turning out pretty good. I'm knitting yarn over, knit, yarn over, knit...and using various shades of blue, navy, blue green, teal. Some of the yarn is really funky and it looks good. Maybe I'll include a picture of the blanket (or it could be called a 'throw'), when I get farther along.

I should be painting but 1) I don't want to spend the money or time to go get the paint I need and 2) I don't want to spend my last week of freedom painting.

In the meantime, I'm going to think about the beautiful spa/hotel that is being built near the pier in Half Moon Bay. It's probably a whole lot of money, but I may decide to spend a weekend at the hostel later in the year (the one at Pigeon Point Lighthouse) and pretend I'm actually at the spa/hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home