Blog of a Million Dreams

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mrs. Roper

Since when did I become Mrs. Roper on Three's Company? You know, the ditzy, messy, older woman dressed in a muumuu on that 70's show with Suzanne Sommers and John Ritter and some other chick (I forget her name--I think it was Joyce something).

What I hate right now is that when I go shopping for clothes, I have to avoid those trendy, graphic polyester tops that are so in right now. Because when I put them on I feel like Mrs. Roper. And, worst of all, all of my potential dates look like Mr. Roper. That is not cool.

I would rather look like - oh crap- I don't know, Angela Lansbury in "Murder She Wrote" rather than Mrs. Roper.

Mrs. Roper was such a joke. And how did I let so much time go by that I could put on some cute, trendy top that looks like something I might have worn to a club in my twenties that makes me look like a middle-aged, frizzy haired, caftan-wearing, lonely, slightly dumpy woman? Well, at least I still look like a woman. Some people become gender-less as they age. So I guess it could be worse. Maybe I should just kiss the ground and thank the heavens that I don't look like Mr. Roper!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home