Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, August 30, 2010

Temple Grandin

Temple Grandin was just recognized at the Emmys. A lot of people might not know who she is, but I do.

I just finished her audio book, "Animals Make Us Human".

And I have to wonder...do I have autism? Because everything she said made sense to me, and, in fact, I felt like I knew a lot of what she said before she said it.

Many people don't understand animals, but they are a lot easier to understand than most humans.

They are physical, basic beings who can also be capable of misunderstood behaviors and whose emotional life is, in many ways, perhaps richer than humans.

I love her book. Get it, if you can. It's good reading and the fact that the author is autistic is irrelevant. She knows what she's talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home