Blog of a Million Dreams

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Decluttering; Session II

So, after calling the Salvation Army and having them haul off half the crap in my garage, today I attempted to attack the bedroom.

It wasn't fun.

I was able to only fill one huge green garbage bag (still have so much more to do), when I lost traction and went downstairs.

In an attempt to distract myself from the nightmare waiting upstairs in the bedroom, I cleaned downstairs. And decided to throw the living room rug out. It was a good decision. The rug in the living room was disgusting. It was a sisal rug, but stained and I never really liked it.

I want a white shag rug in the living room. I never really wanted that sisal rug but settled on it because I saw it for a good price at the Goodwill.

Now I'm going to go to Marshall's and TJ Maxx for my white shag rug. I want it for under $200 and if I can find it for under $100 I'm going to jump for joy.

In the back of my mind I know that I still have to go upstairs and tackle that bedroom. But...ooh does the living room look better.

Update: I went upstairs and took the sheepskin rug from the bedroom...saving me money! And the rug looks great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home