Blog of a Million Dreams

Friday, November 06, 2009

Animae, Manga and Personal Ads

In the interests of jumpstarting my life and adding a little zing~ into my day, I signed up for Yahoo! personals.

No, you won't be able to see my profile 'cuz Cece is not my real name.

In any event, I got tons and tons of responses, which I guess is fairly typical if you're a woman. Men tend to go to those sites, whereas I've heard women just try to meet men in person.

So I read through a few responses, picked one or two and ended up talking to one guy on the phone.

He seemed nice, although at the end of the short conversations he asked me if I liked Animae.

"As in comic books?!?" I asked.

Yes, he replied. Along with Manga, that was his big hobby.

Okay, I thought. I can handle this. It's a little juvenile, but I suppose it's better than being an alcoholic or druggie or pedophile.

"Well, my daughter, who is 19, likes Animae...." I stammered, not knowing what else to say.

He seemed satisfied with my quasi-answer and we agreed to meet in two days, at a coffee shop.

Before he hung up, he insisted on another picture. I directed him to my personal web page, with another picture of me. It's a pretty good picture, but I am photogenic...I take pretty good pictures if I do say so myself. Anyway, even though that picture was a few years old (unlike my more recent picture that I posted on the personals page), he really perked up and said he was looking forward to meeting me in person.

Later he sent me another email telling me how attractive my pictures were. Uh. Okay. Nice to know it's all about my looks.

Today was the day we were supposed to meet. At 10 a.m.

I got up, thought a little about what to wear. Chose jeans and a trendy top. Made sure I'd showered and looked presentable. Sucked down some tea and breakfast.

15 minutes before I was supposed to leave, I thought I'd better log into my Yahoo! personals email account (it's soooo separate from my other account).

And there it was. Another email from him. Sent last night. Scrapping plans to meet and telling me he really did want to meet but was unable to do so today.

I guess my pictures aren't all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home