Blog of a Million Dreams

Monday, July 02, 2007

Hard Drive Crash

You may be wondering why you haven't heard from me lately.

My hard drive crashed.

I lost everything. I took the laptop to the "fix it store" and was told that it would cost me $500 for them to try to retrieve something, but it wasn't likely that they'd be able to find anything. This little bit of information cost me $49.

So I took my laptop back and my friend Sara looked at it and helped me reload Windows on the machine. And Sony didn't send me any discs, the laptop came pre-loaded with all of the software that I needed.

So I had to pay $20 for a "back up retreival software system" from Sony. That doesn't come with any wordprocessing software. I hate Microsoft. I paid for their d*** software suite and now I can't use it and have to buy it again. What a scam.

Let's see what other bit of fun has occurred...taking me away from my posts...my supposed boyfriend is AWOL, so I don't even know if I have a boyfriend anymore....I'm having difficulty applying for jobs as my computer is still down (blogging from the coffee shop right now)...and the downstairs bathroom is all plugged up. Oh. What. Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home