Blog of a Million Dreams

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

FCC Sanity

I just read on msnbc that the FCC is going to ban cell phones on airplanes.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I have been reading about people trying to overturn that ban with dread for the last few years or so.

I had to take the Caltrains up to the city when I worked for a major financial services company last year. I took the bullet train and it took an hour and the worst of all parts of it was the fact that I had to sit next to all the Chatty Kathy's on the train.

Chatty Kathy is the name my Mom gives to people who can't shut up.

Imagine this; you are racing to catch your train, at 6 a.m. in the morning, preparing for a 2o minute walk after the train to your office in the city, dreading another day in the office and you end up sitting next to Chatty Kathy on the ride up. I had this happen to me all the time.

At one point, on one train ride, I actually said, "THANK GOD", when the blabbermouth disembarked and at least 10 people laughed and echoed my sentiments.

Now. Imagine you are going on a business trip. On a plane. A 6 hour plane ride while you are held captive in your airplane seat next to a blabbermouth. I have had this happen to me as well. At least if the blabbermouth tries to talk to me I can turn my head and pretend to try and sleep. But with cell phones, there is no volume control. Have you ever listened to those people talk?

They go on and on and on and on and on AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS.

I've actually thought about recording what they say on the train and posting it to a website.

Thank you FCC. I love you. You are awesome. Keep banning those cell phones. The last thing I want to listen to on an hours-long flight is some jerk blabbing into his phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home