Blog of a Million Dreams

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Half Moon Bay Day

K, Big H, Leelu and I went to Half Moon Bay yesterday.

But not before I had a major meltdown, followed by an epiphany.

I woke up early (I'm getting up at 6 a.m. lately), walked to the local coffee shop, took the dogs on the trail...all this befoer 8:30 a.m.

Then I logged into my job search website. I decided to do a search on any and all jobs available in the state of California.

I found almost 300 pages of jobs (about 20 jobs per page). I was busy clicking and adding jobs to my job list when K came over to take us to Half Moon Bay.

I had a meltdown..."How am I going to get a job!"

"I'm selling everything and moving to a cabin in the woods!"

K's suggestion, another roommate, had me get so mad that I proceeded to have him sit there while I added even more jobs to my job wishlist.

An hour later, I had an epiphany...I'd fix my resume and apply to all these jobs--I think my resume is sinking my chances.

So, I put the job search on hold and we set out for the beach.

K really wanted to go to HMB the windy road route. I explained to him that Leelu gets carsick.

I don't think he believed me. Until Leelu threw up all over the front (and back) of his pants. In a very indiscreet place. He believes me now.

Despite this hiccup (and my having to listen to how I needed to leave the dogs at home--not happening), we had a really good time.

I was so tired when we got home that I immediately fell asleep with the t.v. on...waking up at 10 p.m. only to go back to sleep an hour later.

What a day! But a relief to get away from the job search and crazy house construction.

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home